If you are suffering from frozen shoulder you should:
- Avoid activities that involve you lifting your arms over your head or behind your back to reduce irritation
- Use pain relief such as anti-inflammatories, as advised by your pharmacist or GP
- Ice/Cryotherapy - place a wet flannel and a pack of frozen peas on your shoulder for 20 minutes up to every hour
- Try and move the shoulder as much as your pain allows
If your symptoms are not settling, see your GP to discuss treatment options.
- You may need further tests, such as an X-ray
- You may be offered treatment, including physiotherapy, injections or surgery in severe cases